Friday, July 11, 2008

A Quarter of a Century... So Old!

My "Best Wife Ever" certificate, along with coupons for a night out on the town, flowers, etc. 
Us at The Sandbar
      Yah, we like taking our 9-month-old to bars... see the liquor in the background?? 

Very fashionable tabletop... bottle caps... from bottles of beer... Someone must be pretty drunk...

I've turned 25. It's official. Man, do I feel old! I had a pretty average morning, with the exception of some phone calls with birthday wishes. In the afternoon, my friend Korrena took me out to a birthday lunch at Garcia's. They even brought me some yummy fried ice cream! This evening, Joe, Ethan, and I went to try out The Sandbar.  All we knew about it was that it was Mexican food. Yah, so it was pretty much a bar (though they had high chairs and kids menus!), with female waitresses in small amounts of clothing. The theme was beer... definitely beer (note the tabletop in the photo). It was an interesting experience, but the food was pretty good, so it was good overall. It was just funny that they seated the couple with the baby right next to the actual bar, but oh well. We only gave him small sips...


4 comments:

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Happy Birthday!!! 25 isn't old. At least I hope it isn't. I am almost there too!

Joe said...

I know it was 4 years late to take you to bar, but I figured better late than never.

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

So...Mohonri, how does it feel?

Ashley said...

That's hilarious. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a good one. :)