Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sweet Three







Super Why cake (I know, it looks a bit interesting:) Super Why is his favorite show!

I truly can't believe I'm a mother to a three-year-old. I don't know where the time has gone. Yesterday, I found some family pictures of us when he was just 9-months old-- a sweet, chunky (and I mean CHUNKY!) little guy. How things change! I love him more and more each day. He's such a smartie-pants and a good helper, too. He actually helps with the laundry-- sometimes all on his own! I found him, once, getting the clothes out of the dryer and putting them in the laundry basket, without me even asking. He even brought the basket inside for me! He loves learning, and he recently finished learning all of his single-letter phonics (a few weeks ago). He'll go around the house sometimes, saying letters and their sounds for the fun of it. He's even figuring out, on his own, what letters begin with certain words, just by sounding them out! He is getting older and losing his baby-like qualities, which makes me both happy and sad. Sometimes I want to bottle up my kids and keep them how they are, but then I see how fun it is to watch them progress, and I change my mind. I'm so happy he's a part of my life. I can't wait for what he becomes, and I love helping him to get there.

3 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

AWW! What a little stud! He's adorable! And I love that he loves Super Why! My kids love that show too.

abby said...

what a cutie. he looks so much like you it is crazy. and the super why cake is awesome! love it.

Grammy said...

Where has the time gone? I am just glad that you had the sense to move back here so I can see you once in a while and enjoy your adorable children!