Sunday, July 12, 2009

26 is almost 30....

Free breakfast at Mimi's Cafe....mmmmm.....
Ethan cracks me up!
Free slurpees from 7 Eleven
My gift from Joe.... mmmmm.... bacon.....
Dinner at Moe's Southwest Grill
Free ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery
Joe and Ethan had fun in the fountains at Westgate
Ethan playing in the water

I had a wonderful birthday, chock-full of free stuff! First of all, I'd signed up Joe, Ethan, and myself for Mimi's Cafe "e-club," so we were all sent coupons for free breakfasts... which we all decided to use together on my birthday. Next, we stopped by 7 Eleven for their free slurpees. That evening, I opened gifts, then we ate at Moe's-- where I had a coupon for a "buy one entree get one free." We hopped on over to Cold Stone after that, where we all shared my free ice cream. There was this cool fountain in the middle of the Westgate plaza that Joe and Ethan had fun in before we left for home. Yes, being poor does not mean you can't have fun.... You just have to get a bit creative, is all! It was a great birthday.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like you had a great birthday! Oh, and 26 is NOT almost 30 you nut!

Kent and Kate said...

happy birthday!!! I signed myself up for all sorts of free stuff for my birthday too. (It was last month) I loved it.
ps 26 is not almost 30. And personally I don't think 30 is a bad age.

Joe said...

what a fun day!!!

Anonymous said...

26 is almost 52 not 30!

And don't eat all the bacon or you're really going to get fat!

Mom